Located in the Rheinau harbor, Chocolate Museum in Cologne is no less than heaven for chocolate lovers. You may discover delicious samples of the popular sweet and learn more about the history of Chocolate. There is a 200-kilogram of chocolate that flows in the three-meter-high fountain. Besides this, there are over 100,000 objects and types of chocolate that are on display. You may also discover the Chocolate Cinema at the museum which displays chocolate commercials from 1926 to the present. Here is a small guide on Chocolate Museum in Cologne operating hours and why you should visit the museum. Check out our handy guide to plan the visit accordingly.
Why visit Chocolate Museum in Cologne?
Founded in 1993, there are various reasons why you must visit Chocolate Museum in Cologne. Millions of visitors visit the museum each year. Here, we have listed a few reasons why you must visit it:
- The Chocolate Fountain – The fountain is the highlight of the museum and one of the reasons why most people visit the museum. You may get access to the freshly dipped delicious chocolate from the waterfall.
- Exhibitions – The experts at Chocolate Museum in Cologne conduct various exhibitions year-round. You can check the chocolate commercials or learn more about the history of chocolate by attending the exhibitions.
- Freshly-made bars – Another highlight of the museum is the freshly-prepared chocolate bars. You can see and learn how chocolate products are actually made.
- Guided Tours – The Chocolate Museum in Cologne authorities also conduct guided tours which are available in languages including English, Dutch, French, and German. The tours may be available at additional prices and will have to be booked prior to the visits. Make sure you check the guidelines of the tour before planning your visit to the Chocolate Museum in Cologne.
- Café, Shop, and Market – There is also a CHOCOLAT Grand Café which you can visit for a range of tasty chocolates. You may enjoy the views of the Rhine river while discovering some of the amazing chocolate flavors. You can satisfy your sweet tooth or take chocolates as gifts for your loved ones. You may even pair your chocolates with cakes, coffee, and other snacks at the café.
Chocolate Museum in Cologne Operating Hours
Another significant thing to keep in mind is the Chocolate Museum in Cologne operating hours. You must always confirm the timings of the museum by checking the website.
|Monday||10:00 AM to 06:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM to 06:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM to 06:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM to 06:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM to 06:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM to 06:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM to 06:00 PM|
The museum is closed on Mondays from January to March and November. Make sure you skip planning your visits during these days. Besides this, the museum is closed on 24th and 25th December, on the occasion of Christmas. The operating hours may be slightly different on New Year’s Eve and the timings may be from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM. Make sure you check the website for further updates on timings.
Chocolate Museum in Cologne Operating Hours – Summing Up
We have listed various reasons why you must consider visiting the Chocolate Museum. Make sure you check the Chocolate Museum in Cologne operating hours and plan your visit accordingly. Stay tuned to Scott and Ben for more such information and travel guides.